Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Elevate your keto dining experience with our mouthwatering Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad featuring our Penne Pasta. Flavor packed and guilt free, it's a culinary masterpiece you won't want to miss!
Recipe by @kimsketo365
What you will need:
Caesar Salad Dressing:
1 cup keto friendly mayo
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 Anchovy Fillets
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Coconut Aminos
1 small clove of Garlic
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1 box Gracious Bakers Penne Pasta
3 Chicken Breasts
200g streaky Bacon
1 head of Romaine Lettuce, chopped
1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
2 slices keto friendly bread diced (I used Keto Co. Real White Bread)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Olive Oil, as needed
1. Horizontally slice the chicken breasts through the centre to make 6 even-sized breasts. Coat in 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder & 1/4 tsp black pepper. Place to one side.
2. Fry bacon over a medium low heat until crisp, then remove bacon and leave the fat in the pan. Increase heat slightly to medium and add the chicken to the leftover fat, adding a drizzle more oil if you need to.
3. Fry the chicken for a few mins each side, or until golden on the outside and cooked through. Place to one side and leave to completely cool. Slice into thin strips just before needed.
4. Add diced bread to a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil (1-2 tbsp) and sprinkle with a good pinch of salt. Give it all a toss then pop in the oven at 180C for around 10 mins, or until deep golden and crispy. Place to one side and leave to cool.
5. Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook to packet instruction. Drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool. Give it a very good shake in the colander to remove as much water as possible.
6. While the pasta is cooking, add mayo, parmesan, anchovies, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a food processor and blitz until smooth and fully blended.
7. Add drained pasta to a large serving bowl. Top with chopped lettuce, bacon, chicken, croutons and shaved parmesan. Pour in all the dressing (or the amount of your preference) then give everything a good toss. Serve and enjoy!