Sibongile's Creamy Bacon & Chicken Pasta
For more recipes from Sibongile check out her Instagram @my_weightloss_journey_by_sibo
What you'll need:
70g Gracious Bakers Penne Pasta
100 g chicken breast, cubed
100g bacon, chopped up
1 tablespoon butter/ coconut oil
Garlic and ginger to taste
Favourite masala to taste
Fresh thyme to taste
100g Cream cheese
1/4 cup Grated cheddar
Birds eye chilies (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook for time as per packet instructions. Reserve pasta water.
2. Meanwhile, over medium heat, melt butter/coconut oil in a pan.
3. Add chicken and bacon and fry until cooked.
4. Add garlic, ginger, masala, thyme and chilies if using.
5. Add cream cheese and gradually add a little pasta water until your sauce has the right consistency.
6. Simmer for 3 minutes until it reduces a little.
7. Add pasta, cheddar and gently toss in the sauce for about 2 minutes. Add more pasta water, if necessary, until you get your desired consistency.
8. Season with salt and pepper.