A classic made low carb!
What you'll need:
2 tbsp olive oil
500g beef mince
800g peeled whole tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup onion — chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
2 tsp erythritol
2 tsp salt — more to taste
90ml red wine — optional
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes — optional
1 box Gracious Bakers Pene Pasta
2/3 cup grated Parmesan
1. In a large pot heat olive oil. Add the meat and cook for 4 minutes, breaking it down with a wooden spoon, to crumble while cooking.
2. Add the onion, salt, garlic, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, erythritol.
3. Add the tomato paste and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Using a wooden spoon stir and press the tomatoes to break into smaller pieces.
5. Cook uncovered for 20-25 more minutes on medium-low heat, until the sauce it thick and tomatoes are cooked and tender, stirring occasionally. The longer you cook the meat and tomatoes together, the better the sauce will taste.
6. Cook the Pene as per package instructions.
7. Serve zucchini noodles with the Bolognese sauce and topped with cheese.