Gracious Bakers Banting Roasted Pumpkin Soup
NOTHING BEATS A SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP ON THOSE WINTERY NIGHTS. NOW YOU CAN ENJOY A QUICK AND EASY HEALTHY ROAST PUMPKIN SOUP. THIS RECIPE IS NOT ONLY LOW CARB AND DELICIOUS, BUT IT IS SUITABLE FOR VEGAN AS WELL...
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1.5 Hours
30 Ml Coconut Oil
1 Medium Pumpkin (+-4 Kg)
20 Ml 11 in 1 Spice
15 ml Coconut Oil
1 Large Onion (diced)
2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
4 Cups Vegetable Stock
1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
440 Gram Coconut Cream
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Peel the pumpkin and cut into blocks.
2. Sprinkle with 11 in 1 spice and drizzle with coconut oil .
3. Cover with Foil and roast for 1 hour at 180°C until soft.
4. Heat the Coconut Oil in a large pot and sauté the onions.
5. Add the garlic and fry 1 minute.
6. Add the pumpkin and vegetable stock.
7. Bring to boiling point and simmer for 15 minutes.
8. Add the rest of your ingredients and flavour to taste.
9. Simmer another 5 minutes.
10. Blend with hand blender, heat and serve.